- Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- Companies covered
India holds immense opportunities for mobile accessory products due to enormous number of mobile device users and rapid growth in adoption of smartphones and tablets. Continual decline of prices of mobile devices is primarily aiding the growth in smartphone and tablet market penetration. Mobile accessories complement the mobile devices or enhance their usage and features. With the elevating popularity of smartphones and other mobile devices, there is significant demand for mobile accessories from consumers across India.
Rise in disposable income has revolutionized consumers’ buying and spending trend, especially in the urban areas. Mobile device adoption amongst youth population in the country and their spending pattern provide strong stimulus for growth in adoption. Online retailing plays a big part in this growth as well. It offers the convenience of cash-on-delivery payment option and lower price offers for various products as compared to physical stores.
Mobile accessory companies are provided with flexibility of choosing the best suited sales and distribution channel, thanks to abundant national distributors and plenty of regional and micro distributors, and wholesalers across India. Companies can focus on specific states or cities, or market their products to retail stores across the country.
Smartphone and tablet adoption in rural areas is still low largely due to budgetary constraint and low adaptability to complicated devices. Approximately 70% of India’s population resides in rural areas and majority of the wireless consumers there either use basic mobile phones. Consumers in these parts do not indulge in mobile accessories purchase much. In such situation, mobile accessory companies are largely dependent on the urban and suburban consumption.
Both domestic and foreign mobile accessory companies face tough competition from unbranded products, especially ones imported from China. Due to large number mobile accessory manufacturers in China, huge amount of Chinese products are easily available in the grey markets and local stores. A significant number of consumers find these easily available accessories affordable and attractive.
The Government of India, however, has announced incentives and has number of proposals to boost domestic manufacturing of IT and telecom equipments including mobile accessories. In 2012, the Union Cabinet approved INR 100 bn as financial support for the development of electronic manufacturing clusters while recently, additional INR 100 bn was approved to promote large scale manufacturing in India. This presents the best time for mobile accessory companies to establish manufacturing units in India.
Although unbranded grey market products are dominating at present, with competitive pricing and availability, majority of the market can potentially belong to branded mobile accessories.
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Aug 2012-Jan 2013)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011-Feb 2012), Exchange Rate: Monthly (Sep 2012-Feb 2013)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12), Trade Balance: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13), FDI: Annual (2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
Slide 5: Mobile Accessories Overview, Major Mobile Accessories, Major Mobile Devices
Slide 6: Market Overview – Global
Slide 7-8: Market Overview – India
Slide 9: Mobile Accessories - Value Chain
Slide 10: Government Policies
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 10: Drivers and Challenges Summary
Slide 12-16: Drivers
Slide 17: Challenges
Slide 18-23: Market Trends
Slide 24: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Slide 25-29: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 30: Major Public Companies – Summary
Slide 31-38: Major Public Companies
Slide 39-92: Major Private Companies
Slide 93-117: Major Mobile Device Manufacturers in Mobile Accessory Segment
Slide 118-119: Major National Distributors in India
Slide 120-124: Survey on Mobile Accessories
Slide 125: Key Findings from the Study
Slide 126: Market Potential of Mobile Accessories (2013e–2015e)
Slide 127-130: Opportunities in Sales and Distribution Channel
Slide 131-132: Recommendations
Slide 133: Appendix
Slide 134: Sources of Information
1. Public Trading Comparables (FY 2012)
2. Company profiles (All Companies, Except National Distributors)
a. Company Information
b. Products and Services
c. Key People
d. Shareholders of the Company (Only Private Companies, Except Mobile Device Manufacturers)
e. Key Ratios
f. Business Highlights
1. Mobile Accessories Usage and Preferences – Introduction & Methodology
2. Desirable Price of Mobile Accessories
2. Sources of Information
1. GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (Q1-Q4, 2010-2013)
2. Inflation Rate: Monthly (Aug 2012 - Jan 2013)
3. Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Sep 2011- Feb 2012)
4. Exchange Rate: Monthly (Sep 2012 – Feb 2013)
5. Lending Rate: Annual (2009-2012)
6. Trade Balance: Annual (2010-2013)
7. FDI: Annual (2010-2013)
1. Mobile Accessories – Market Size & Growth - Global (2011–2016e)
2. Mobile Accessories – Market Size & Growth - India (2011-2016e)
3. Market Segmentation – Volume Sales – India (2012)
Drivers & Challenges
1. Smartphone – Market Size (Shipment) (2011-2015e)
2. Smartphone Minimum Price Point – India (2009-2012)
3. Wireless Subscriber Base India (2011-2015e)
4. Total No. of Household (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
5. Aggregate Annual Disposable Income (2005, 2015e, 2025e)
6. Demographic Distribution of India (2012)
7. e-Commerce Market Size and Growth (2012-2015e)
1. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies – Operational Basis (FY 2012)
2. Competitive Benchmarking - Key Ratios of Top 3 Companies – Financial Basis (FY 2012)
3. Company profiles (All Companies, Except National Distributors)
a. Bubble Chart (Except Private Companies and Mobile Device Manufacturers)
b. Financial Snapshot
c. Key Business segments (Public Companies)
d. Key Geographic segments (Public Companies)
1. Mobile Devices Possession
2. Mobile Accessory Consumption
3. Mobile Device Using Accessory
4. Source of Purchase
5. Impact of Various Purchase Criteria
1. Mobile Accessories – Total Market Potential (2013e-2016e)
1. Eveready Industries India Ltd.
2. Optiemus Infracom Ltd.
3. Apple Inc.
4. HTC Corporation
5. BlackBerry (Research in Motion Ltd.)
6. Sony Corporation
7. Callmate (India) Pvt. Ltd.
8. Envent World Wide Pvt. Ltd.
9. iAccy Designs Pvt. Ltd.
10. Maxx Moblink Pvt. Ltd.
11. Moftware Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
12. Belkin India Pvt. Ltd.
13. Case-Mate India Pvt. Ltd.
14. Elecom India Pvt. Ltd.
15. Panasonic Consumer India Pvt. Ltd.
16. Philips Electronics India Ltd.
17. Plantronics India Pvt. Ltd.
18. Targus India Pvt. Ltd.
19. Nokia India Pvt. Ltd.
20. Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.